Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Amazing Mouth Mime


It's funny how you never really think about things until you are in the back of an ambulance. Today I had a patient that appeared to say or "mouth" my words as I was saying them. It almost appeared as if he were trying to complete my sentences for me under his breath.

I don't know if I found this act to be rude or slightly un-nerving. I certainly don't think he was doing it on purpose. He didn't appear to be hard of hearing.

As I sit and reflect on it, this isn't the first time I have noticed this behavior, which leads me to believe that it might be some sort of illness not defined by age or ailment. Thinking back I can recall at least 4 other times that has happened. Two males and two females, ages range from mid 20's to mid 60's.

Anyone have any information on this?

Z

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mother does it -- she's 73