Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Era


I didn't vote for him, but I'm willing to give him a chance to excel. I guess only time will tell if this proposed CHANGE is what is best for the country.


We have 15 trucks sitting here in DC as part of a FEMA response team. It's unlikely that we will be utilized but it was a huge honor to be asked to come. Our special operations team made the 8 hour trip and stayed in a hotel a couple nights while all of this was being put together.


We held down a parking lot yesterday, and today we are waiting in the wings. As it gets closer to noon we can hear all of the EMS traffic picking up. Lots of cold related emergencies, a few serious patients but all in all it doesn't seem too busy yet for the amount of people that were here. Just turn on a television and you'll see what I'm talking about.


I'll write more tomorrow, right now were just waiting to be pressed into service and I'm happily surfing the Internet and listening to the traffic.

No comments: