Monday, January 10, 2005

Ups and Downs

Well it's Monday morning again and I'm back at work. Actually I've put in about 100 hours this week and there have been better weeks, but then again there have been worse ones too.

Yes it has been awhile since I last posted. I dont really know how to explain it except that I get so busy I dont think about the blog much anymore. Ever since the spot of trouble that I got into a few months back the blog really doesnt ride high on my list of things I must get accomplished daily.

BUT, when I dont write I dont feel as good. Go figure!

Things are pretty busy around my neck of the woods, we have been preparing to go get my mother. She lives about 2000 miles from me and I havent seen her in almost 20 years. I guess it's time. The verdict is still out on how that will go, but the girl and I are flying out there at the end of next month and driving my mom and all her stuff back here.... A 30 hour drive with two very talkitive women... I just might not make it back.

Our HazMat group is really starting to form up into something. Yesterday the owner of the company and his wife came to one of our drills and participated. They seemed genuinely interested in the program and that always gives you a boost of confidence. Now, as long as I kep on the straight and narrow I might stay out of the dog-house for awhile.

I've been teaching a lot lately. I dont know what it is about the classroom, but sometimes (just sometimes) I feel more comfortable there than I do on the road. I know that the responsibilities are equally as important, but class work seems to calm me at times.

I know there were a few things I wanted to write about, but at 08Early in the morning my brain is not fully online yet.... I'll let the coffee work and get back with you.




2 comments:

Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

Welcome back! I hope things go well with your mother.

Angel Of Doom, Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.